2nd & 3rd month: 2 months in Mansfield🏔
(May 9th): Next adventure!
Today it was time for The next adventure! Im going to work at The Farmhouse in Mansfield which is a children Day care / Pre-K. This morning I took the bus at 8:30 to Mansfield which was a 3 hour ride. It was beautiful as we only drove through the nature basically! When I arrived in Mansfield I first had to go to the post office as I needed to get some important childcare qualification papers. It was a little annoying as I didn’t have a permanent address yet, but luckily it still worked out at the end. Then I dropped my stuff at the motel I’m staying the first 4 nights as my apartment will be available from Thursday. It’s a very nice motel and right now I have the room totally for myself! When I walked to the Farmhouse (20 mins walk) I got a nice welcome from one of my colleagues and later the receptionist showed me around everywhere. It’s a pretty big farmhouse with 4 different groups of children all different ages. This afternoon I worked with 3-4 year old kids and it was so lovely! They have so many animals here and the kids just love it and being outside! I went to the guinea pigs and bunnies with 6 kids and that was amazing! Tomorrow will be my first full workday and I’m very excited for that!
(May 10th): First full workday!
Today was nu first full workday! I woke up and went running before I had to go and at 8:25 I walked towards the farmhouse. Here I got a nice welcome from some kids! At 9 AM they started ‘morning tea’ which means the kids get something to eat and do there morning routine. After that we went outside and the kids just love being ouside here with all the animals and play areas. Today I was working with the 1-2 year old kids. It was pretty hard sometimes as they can’t really talk and you have to use gestures to understand what they want or need. There was also a lot of crying as some kids only wanted mommy, but obviously if one of them starts crying, the others will just do the same… Despite this I still really love them and this job so far! At 3:30 I had to go to the older kids who we’re 4 years old. I like this better cause then you really get to do something with the kids and it’s easier to communicate with them. I really like to see how fast kids can get attached to you and love you. I already got some hugs from some kiddos! How cute! When I got home I did my laundry at the apartment of the two other Backpackers who work at the farmhouse and where i will move in Thursday. After that i called my family and that was Nice!
(May 11th): Workday 2!
Today i woke up early again to go Running and then I took a quick shower and ate something before i walked to work. Today i was working with the older kids but in the beginnend my collegues needed me to help out with the 1-year-old kids as a lot of them were crying and they were low in supervisors for today. One of the little girls got her 3rd day at the farmhouse so she cries a lot still. But whenever I pick her up and talk to her she is fine! The same with another boy. He was crying yesterday most of the day and today when he saw me he was so happy! I love it! This afternoon I worked with the older kids which was nice! I love to play with them as they are really able to do activities! When I finished at 5:30 I walked to a ski resort nearby as I’d like to have a weekend job as well to earn some money on my Australian bank account which I can use to travel. The people who own this resort were very nice and I hope to hear more from them soon!
(May 12th): these kiddos are so cute!😍
Today I was working with the little nuggets (1-2 year old kids) again. So cute! We had a more relaxed day today as we only had 4 kids because 2 went home a little sick. Even though we only had 4, there was still one of them trying to escape and he just opened the door himself and ran outside… Crazy kids! Later when we went outside he wanted to feed the animals and he didn’t even care about the chickens picking his fingers! How cute! Most kids just love all the animals and patting them! When I finished at 4:30 I moved into the apartment house where two other colleagues are staying as well and I really like it! We are staying here for free which is amazing as we figured out it is a really expensive apartment actually!I went running later and then did some groceries.
(May 13th): Running into the weekend🏃🏼♀️
Today I started at 10 so I had time to go for a run later than usual. The weather was great today! Last day already of my first work week! Crazy! I really love it here and I love my colleagues! This morning I finally met the manager of the Farmhouse I contacted before coming here. She seems very nice. It was a little chaotic today tho as they missed two teachers so I had to change from group sometimes. The kids were crazy today! One of them peed on a device from the playground, another one bit another kid and one kid turned on the garden hose and couldn’t turn it of so got soaking wet… crazy kiddos! Luckily it still worked out fine! When I got home I watched a movie ‘The Secrets of Dumbledore’ with my two colleagues and that was great!
(May 14th): Amazing home made dinner!
This morning I had my first workday at the ski resort where I will work as a housekeeper and later at the ski rental. It was a very nice and expensive resort! It was cool to work here! It was pretty quiet as it’s low season here but it was nice to earn how to make the beds etc. I just really want to have an extra job to safe more on my Australian bank account so I can use it. When I got home around 12:30 I went for a run and after that I took a shower and Tina and I thought about what we could do tonight. One of her friends was coming over and she was gonna cook Spanish rice probably so she asked if we wanted to join and I invited Ebony (another colleague) too. It was amazing having dinner with the 5 of us and the rice was delicious! We also had chips with guacamole, mushroom pie from Tina’s work and I made roasted zucchini with cheese. For dessert we made Banana bread which was yummy! We had a great night!
(May 16th): Obsessed with this!😍
As the caption says: I’m obsessed with this. I cant upload pictures yet in my phone. But I’m obsessief with rhe sunrises and sunsets. Every morning it’s a surprise what the sky’s gonna tell me. Whether it’s Sunny or cloudy, every morning is special and different. It was cold outside as usually at 6:00 AM, but the sunrise was very pretty again! It was cold the rest of the day as well but of course that doesn’t take the kids from going outside. So to keep myself warm I ran around with the kids. I love them! But obviously sometimes you’d rather stick them on a wall… When I got home from work I was sooo in the mood for hot chocolate! I bought hot chocolate powder at the store and it was delicious! Not as good as Dutch chocomel tho! In the evening I watched a movie with my roomies Tina and Javier.
(May 20th): Farewell Dinner…
Today it was Javier’s last workday… I’m so sad he’s leaving already! But he has been here for 2 months so I totally understand he wants to go somewhere else! And I’m very glad I still got to meet him these pas two weeks! He’s the only male we had at the farmhouse and not only the kids but everybody loved him so much! I’ve learned a lot from him and his life style is really inspiring me! He has a specific religion I don’t know exactly but he’s vegetarian and doesn’t eat specific foods due to the environment and he does a lot of yoga since he went to India. So interesting! I got to learn a lot from him and I’m very thankful for that! Because Javier was leaving we had a little farewell dinner for him with the team. So nice! We’ll miss you Javier!
(May 21st): Work work work!💪🏼
Today I had to work in the morning at the ski resort. 11 rooms had to be cleaned but we were with 5 people so we were finished a little before 1:00 PM already! When I got home I was just on time to say bye to Javier! After that I ate some lunch and then I went on a nice bike ride with Emma and Tina. Emma is a girl from London who arrived this week and Mira from Germany arrived last week. Emma and Mira both moved into our apartment today. The bikeride was a good workout with all the hills! This evening I had my first shift at Delatite which is a nice restaurant at a hotel. It was pretty nice working here and we had 180 people for dinner! So pretty good first shift and as I have quite a lot of experience as a waitress I was food runner. At 9:30 it was quite again luckily. Everybody told me I did a great job luckily! When I got home the house was a mess as our boss Kim came over from Melbourne to bring 2 single beds for the new girls. So there were mattresses and boxes in the house… But I’m happy they got their own beds just in time!
(May 22nd): 40Km bike ride!
Today I had to clean at the ski resort again! 16 rooms today! And this time we were with only 4 people so it took us a while to finish all the rooms. But, I didn’t care! Sundays are $38 per hour so I’d better make some more hours! Yay! At 2:30 we finished and then I had a late lunch and went on a bike ride with Tina. We biked all the way to the lake which is 20km! The sunrise was very pretty but after that we had to bike all the way back of course! It was getting so dark and I was still only wearing a tshirt and short so it was so freezing now without the sun! I was so happy to be home! We watched a movie with all 4 of us which was amazing!!
(May 27th): 3rd work week & movie night📽
Today was already week number 3 at the farmhouse daycare and the second week for my other two (cleaning at the ski resort and waitress at a restaurant). Sometimes it’s a lot, but at least I can safe money and keep myself busy. Luckily I still have time to do some fun things with my room mates and do movie nights etc. Tonight we watched Mamma mia and it was amazing! We had snacks and zang along with every song!
(May 28th): 45 KM bike ride!🚲
Today I worked at the ski resort from again. I started at 9 but i went Running before again as usually. I finished work at 12:30 so I had the whole afternoon free. Tina asked me If I wanted to go on a bike ride again. The weather was great! We blief a little further than Bonnie Doon to watch a soccer game from one of her friends. Then we went back home and had a Mexican Night for dinner with Emma and Mira (the other two girls in our house). It was amazing!! The tacos and nachos were delicious!
(May 29th): Dinner at Delatite!
Today I woke up early again for work. I finished at 12:30 again as it’s still pretty quiet at the ski resort. After this I went on a bike ride again but not too far as I had to go to Delatite restaurant for a training and we had a dinner together with the team. Tina and I rode the bikes over many big hills and we ended up on a dirt road with more hills. At a certain point we couldn’t bike much further and I saw a big hill which I thought would have an amazing view over Mansfield. Unfortunately there were iron fences there like the ones you see at a farm. So I first thought it wouldn’t be possible anyways. Untill I figured out there was not electric thread or something so we went trespassing… Woops.. very illegal, I know! But the view was definitely worth it! When we rode the bikes back it was mostly down hill which was so much fun!! Later I went to the training and after that Tina arrived for the dinner as she also works for Delatite. It was great! Even tho we had to repeat the Mexican night from yesterday again as we got tacos for dinner tonight as well! Love it tho!
June 4th: Good bye Tina!😔
Yesterday it was Tina’s last work day! So sad she left Last night! I was very close with het as we shared a bed room and we always went in bike rides together and we had such a great time! All the late night talks, cakes we baked, everything! I’m gonna miss it so much! It feels empty not having her here! Because she was leaving, we had a little farewell dinner at Luna Bar with a few people from the team which was great! I had to work when she left unfortunately but I still saw her right when I left luckily! I’m gonna miss you Tina! Today I had to work in the morning at the ski resort and after I finished I went to some stores and then I ran 20 km! Yesss did it again finally after not doing that for a month! Finally had time! It went pretty well and the weather was amazing! In the evening I worked at Delatite restaurant till 11 so I was tired after that! When I finished I made a little video for my little friend Kane who was a total fan of me when I worked as entertainer in Ibiza. He turned 4 today and missed me a lot! He tells everyone I’m his girlfriend hahahaha! Tomorrow I’m just working at the ski resort and then I’m free luckily!
June 12th: Really busy weekend!
This weekend it’s Queen’s Birthday weekend and the official opening weekend of Mount Buller so it’s crazy this weekend! Many people are going on a little holiday so at the ski resort it’s really busy this weekend and at Delatite as well! I’m off from the farmhouse on Monday but I still work at the ski resort in the morning and I’m excited because it’s the first holiday I’m working and here we get paid double everywhere then! So cool! I’m happy I survived the Friday and Saturday night at Delatite and especially Saturday with 326 people for dinner! Crazy! This morning I first ran 15 km. Then I worked at the ski resort and after that I went on a nice bike ride to The Paps, which is a hill with an amazing view. I did a hike to the top and back which was 7 km and my total bike ride was 24 km. Enough work outs for today!! In the evening we watched a movie together and the new Dutch girl arrived in our apartment last night. She joined us as well for the movie which was nice!
June 17th: Lantern fest!
This Saturday I started the morning with a run as usual. Then I went to the ski resort but it wasn’t busy today. Luckily I got to enjoy my free afternoon and night today and I went on a bike ride with a new team member from the farmhouse from Vietnam. Her name is Nina (all people from Asia choose different names here cause no one can pronounce their real names!) She didn’t make it all the way to Bonnie Doon but it was great she joined me till we were half way! I biked 41 km again! After that I took a quick shower to get ready for the Lantern Fest in town. I went there with Emma, Nina and Veerle and we met our other friends from the farmhouse their as well. It was very nice! It looked a bit like a tiny Christmas market because of the lights and the food trucks! Loved it! We grabbed some food and then we enjoyed the fire show. Later we went to Deatite (where I also work) for some drinks but I was very tired so went home after one drink and I called my sister. On Sunday I worked at the ski resort again but then it was busy! 26 rooms to clean with 6 people! We finished at 3 and my manager from Delatite asked if I could come at 4:30 as it was busy there as well! Man, I’m read for weekend again! Happy I survived!
June 24th: Bye Ebs!
Today was our Dear Ebony’s last work dat at the farmhouse for The next couple of months as she’s heading to Mittagundi for a few months. So sad! She’s not a backpacker but we become prettig close as soon as we met each other and she came over a couple of times to watch a movie together or bake or cook something and we always had a great time! She lives in Bonnie Doon where I take the bike sometimes on weekend and Its beautiful there! Tonight we organized a little surprise party for her whereas she thought Emma, Nina and I had to work tonight. Charlie (another colleague from the farmhouse) picked us up and then we drove to Ebs house. She didn’t expect us and was so happy to see us! So cute! Her mom got pizza for everyone and later we had an amazing bonfire at the lake. Had such a blast tonight and really needed a night like this after all this working! I loved it! Gonna miss you lots Ebony! Such a wonderful kind and beautiful person you are! So young but so mature as well! Good luck in Mittagundi!
June 28th: Mount Buller
Today I finally went to Mount Buller! I went together with the school kids as they have school holidays this week and next week. Buller is a mountain located about an hour from Mansfield but I never got the chance to go there before as I’m working every day. It was a lovely day! I’m so glad I got the chance to go there! It was amazing Emma was there as well! She lives in the apartment with me and 2 other girls as well and she mostly works with the older kids. Together with the kids and a few other educators we went tobogganing first which was amazing! Later we went to a trampoline indoor park which was lots of fun as well! I felt like a 3 year old kid today and it was great! Can’t believe this is my last week with these wonderful people!
July 2nd: Farewell dinner with my crew!
This Friday was my last work day at the farmhouse and also at the Delatite restaurant. That’s why I arranged a dinner for my colleagues from the Farmhouse at the restaurant. It was amazing! There ended up more people coming than I thought which was great! It feels so weird that I probably won’t see them ever again unless I come back to visit them. I’m still so bad at goodbyes… Even though I met so many wonderful people in this world who I didn’t see again. I’ll never get totally used to it, but at least I know how to deal with it better. I’ll also miss the kids so much! Crazy how fast I created a bond with so many different kids! But last night was definitely a night I’ll never forget! After dinner most of us went to a bar at the ski resort I work at and that was so much fun! After a few drinks we played twister and we just couldn’t stop laughing! I think I never laughed this much for a long time! My belly even hurt because of it!😂 I’ll miss everyone so much! Especially the other backpackers and Suzie and Sue who I worked with most as they are educators in the barnyard (3/4 year old kids). I really want to thank them for everything! They’re amazing and I’ll never forget them! Also had a good bond with Pam, she’s really the mom of the whole group! I love her so much! We went to her house for dinner on Thursday which was lovely! It finally felt like home after being away for 3 months!
July 3rd: Last workday in Mansfield!
Today it was finally that day I looked forward to! My last work day in Mansfield. After working 2 months every single day! It was very busy at the ski resort as we had 30 rooms to clean, but at 3:30 the day finally came to an end. I was so exhausted! But I needed fresh air and decided to go for a run. When I came back I did my last laundry and I packed most of my stuff! Can’t wait to go on an adventure! Tomorrow night I’ll go to Sydney by train. Tonight I did a movienight with the other girls which was nice!
Comments
Post a Comment